Little Gryphons is an outstanding provision for children aged 3 months to school age entry. Our dedicated staff team provide opportunities and experience for every child to grow and develop into confident and happy individuals.
We hope you find all the information that you are looking for but we are more than happy to answer any other questions you may have. Please find contact details below.
Introducing You & Your Child to Little Gryphons
Beginning the process; we feel that the key to our partnership with you and the success of your child settling quickly into nursery life is based on a good induction process.
Parent / Carer & Child First Visit
During your family’s first introductory session to Little Gryphons you will be introduced to your child’s Key Person, who will work through your child’s induction pack with you. This pack includes:
|Child Profile & Consent Pack||Kit list|
|All About You||All About Me booklet|
You will also be introduced to your child’s:
|Learning journey||Interest folder|
|Key group planning board||Communication Book|
Parent / Carer & Child Second Visit
The second induction visit to Little Gryphons will provide you with an opportunity to return your completed paperwork and look at how we will be working together in partnership.
We would like to take the opportunity to talk with you about some of the practices we have in place that ensure that you feel part of your child’s learning journey. Things that we will look at are:
- Weekend Stars – You will be offered a star card to include information on anything positive that your child has done over the weekend.
- Sharing Box – These will be for your child to choose items that they would like to share with their key group in circle times.
- Persona Dolls – Each key group has a persona doll. In the little bag with the doll and a diary, toothbrush and clothes. As you will read from previous entries these persona dolls are well travelled! Your child may choose to take them home for the weekend or any holiday/event that is happening in your family.
- All About You – This is a simple sheet which you can fill in with information on what your child likes to play with at home. You may like to include photos on this sheet. The key person then uses this information to inform their planning in nursery to further support your child’s learning and development.
- Photos – These provide a great opportunity for you to be involved in your child’s learning journey. If you would like to include photos from any family event your key person will be happy to include them and you may also add them in when you have the learning journey at home and are looking at them with your child.
- Word Wizard – a simple activity that celebrates children’s language development. If your child says a new word or begins to explore new sounds let their key worker know and this can be explored further.
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Topic Web – an overview of activities that are planned for the ½ term to support children’s social and emotional aspects of learning.
- Learning Journey – we will re-visit your child’s learning journey and discuss how your completed All About You and key worker observations will be used to plan for your child
The opportunity will also be offered for you to have another tour of the nursery, including the garden area’s as we understand your initial visit to Little Gryphons may have been a long time ago.